...for the Military
UK Gear’s training shoes were originally designed in association with the Royal Army Physical Training Corps (RAPTC). These elite fitness professionals were closely involved in the development and tested our products in some of the most inhospitable conditions on Earth. Only when approved by the Military do we consider our products... Built to survive.
UK Gear's FAQ's
Q. What size shoes should I order?
A. As our footwear is built for performance we recommend going for a half size bigger than your normal 'street shoe' size to allow for foot muscle expansion.
Q. What is the difference between your 'SC' and 'NC' shoes?
A. UK Gear 'SC' (Structured Cushioning) shoes have a second density EVA on the medial side (inside) of the shoes midsole. This second density is harder than on rest of the midsole therefore providing additional stability on the instep during the gait cycle. Most runners require a little support in this region however for those that do not the 'NC' (Neutral Cushioning) version has single density midsole EVA material throughout.
Structured Cushioning (SC): supportive and long lasting with an excellent level of cushioning. Well suited for runners with an average running gait and mild to moderate stability needs.
Neutral Cushioning (NC): gives maximum shock absorption in an extremely durable and flexible package. Designed for the neutrally efficient runner who doesn't require extra stability.
Q. What foot type am I?
A. Please view this pdf for further information.
Q. Do you offer width fittings in your footwear?
A. Currently UK Gear only offer a standard men's 'D' and woman's 'B' fit in all it's footwear.
Q. How do I make a Return or an Exchange?
A. We work hard on developing durable, comfortable products however, if you find them unsuitable for your requirements you can return them for a full refund or an exchange... in any condition, within 21 days of purchase. Please click here for further information.
Please send the product back to us together with a completed returns form as follows... http://www.ukgear.com/customer_returns.php (Please ensure your correct region is selected in order to get the appropriate returns form).
Q. How does your product development relationship with the British Army work?
A. UK Gear have a unique licensing agreement with the British Army. A royalty is paid on all products sold which benefits the welfare of soldiers and their families.
UK Gear design and develop product in association with the Army Physical Training Corps (APTC), the elite fitness professionals of the British Army. We then supply the Army with product samples and they test them to destruction in various locations around the world. The product continues to be developed based on the feedback and recommendations received until the Army finally give their stamp of approval allowing it to display their famous 'crossed swords' insignia.
In exchange a percentage of all our profits are given to the Army to help in soldier welfare programmes.
Q. Which stores can I view your products in?
A. Our distribution network is continually growing. To view the latest listing of stores stocking UK Gear please click here... http://www.ukgear.com/Stockists.asp
Q. When is it time to retire my running shoes?
A. There are various factors involved in the wear of shoes: body weight, running style (particularly how hard the runner strikes the ground), temperature (see question below) and running surfaces. However, it is generally accepted by runners that you should replace your shoes between 300 to 500 miles of use and that the vast majority of runners replace their shoes too late. Bear in mind that modern carbon rubber outsoles can often far outlast the midsole EVA however it is the midsole that provides the majority of the cushioning required to help avoid aches and pains in the lower limbs.
UK Gear use some of the best available materials to typically give a lifespan between 400 and 600 miles on it's products.
Q. How does temperature effect the performance of my running shoes?
A. Hot temperatures can cause adhesives and midsoles soften providing less cushioning and stability. Cold temperatures can cause the midsole to become too hard, again not providing enough suitable cushioning. It is for these reasons that UK Gear and the British Army have developed the PT-03 DESERT and the PT-03 WINTER shoes. Each shoe utilises materials developed for these temperature specific environments.
Q. Where are your shoes made?
A. UK Gear shoes are designed and developed in Warwickshire England, manufactured in Vietnam and wear tested by the British Army in various locations around the world.
Q. Will you sponsor me or my team?
A. UK Gear's key relationship is with the British Army. Only in exceptional circumstances will UK Gear consider sponsoring an individual or team.
Q. Do your shoes contain any animal products?
A. No, currently all UK Gear shoes are made using only synthetic materials.
Q. How do you recommend I clean my shoes?
A. For the best results handwash only in warm water using a soft scrubbing brush (or even an old toothbrush). To dry, shake off any excess water and stuff with old newspaper. Leave 24hours to dry naturally somewhere warm ie. on a windowsill if it's sunny or alternatively in an airing cupboard. You can speed up the drying process by changing the newspaper a couple of times. Do NOT place the shoes directly onto, or even next to, any direct heat source such as a radiator as this can permanently damage both the cushioning and the adhesives used on the shoe!!
If you absolutely must use a washing machine always use the gentlest cycle available together with the coolest temperature... do not spin dry. Brush off loose mud and take out the insoles. Put each shoe into an old pillowcase, then add a couple of towels to the wash to help cushion against the wall of the drum. We recommend that you only use very mild detergents if at all. To dry, simply follow the instructions above. Please note that UK Gear do not accept any returns due to washing machine or direct heat damage.
Q. What organisations have worn your products?
A. UK Gear has supplied performance footwear to the following major organisations: The British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr), the US Air Force Training Academy and the US Military Academy West Point. We have also supplied the SAS, US Navy SEALS, Poland's GROM Special Forces, the Greek Army and shortly the US Coast Guard.
Q. Do you deliver to British Forces PO addresses?
A. Yes, simply register within the UK region for BFPO addresses to be made available in the drop down menus.
Q. Do you deliver to United States Military addresses?
A. Yes, simply register within the USA/Canda region for AA/AE/AP addresses to be made available in the drop down menus.
Q. Can you zero rate a deliveries to BFPO addresses?
A. Yes, for BFPO within the EU the following requirements must be met:
According to Notice 725 10.16 we may zero-rate the supply of goods or services to diplomatic missions, international organisations, visiting NATO forces and their personnel in other Member States provided all of the following four conditions are met:
1. The goods or services must be either for the personal use of entitled persons or the official use of entitled bodies.
2. You obtain documentation from the customer, as laid down by the host authority, for claiming exemption under Article 15 of Council Directive 77/388/EEC.
3. Any goods supplied must be removed from the UK.
4. We keep proof of the removal of the goods.
Therefore, if you believe that you are eligible then you should obtain a certificate complying with 77/388/EEC from your CO or pay office. We can then ship the goods by Special Delivery to the BFPO address.
For those serving outside the EU we are able to export goods VAT free. If you are using a BFPO address we have to check with the VAT people that the BFPO address will qualify for relief.
Q. I would like to join the British Army, can you help?
A. Yes, just apply through the following website... http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk
Q. I would be interested in representing your brand in my region. What should I do?
A. If we do not currently have representation within your region and you would like to discuss the opportunities we could present you with, please email us full details about yourself and your business.
Take us for a test run.
Conduct your own 21 day wear trial. Most people love our shoes, but if you don’t we're happy to take them back... whatever their condition!
At UK Gear we want you to be delighted with your purchase. We operate a "no-quibble" guarantee, which means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, simply return it to us within 21 days from the date you receive it, whatever it's condition. We will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item or exchange them for a more suitable size. If the return is due to an error we have made we will also refund the shipping charges.
- We do not charge a restocking fee.
- We will give you a full refund including the shipping cost if the return is a result of our error. We may require a copy of your postal receipt if this cost is not clearly stated on the packaging.
- If your return is not due to our error, we will refund the value of the item returned but not your shipping costs.
- Refunds will be made in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase.
- You will receive a refund within 14 business days of our receiving your return.
- We do not charge a restocking fee.
- Your shipping costs are paid for by UK Gear if the exchange is a result of our error. We may require a copy of your postal receipt if this cost is not clearly stated on the packaging.
- You may choose to speed up the exchange process by placing a new order for the correct item which will be shipped as before. In the meantime, ship the product to be exchanged back to us for processing.
To return or exchange an item, please use our Returns Form. Click on the link below to open the form in pdf (Adobe Acrobat needed), print off and enter your details. Please pack the item securely, enclosing the completed form and send to the address below. For your own protection we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service. All return shipping charges must be prepaid as we will not accept COD deliveries. This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
* UK/EU/Rest of World Returns Form (PDF - 170 Kb)
The Priory, Priory Road, Wolston
Warwickshire CV8 3FX
* North America (USA/Canada) Returns Form (PDF - 170 Kb)
UK Gear North America
PO Box 399
La Jolla CA 92038
ukgear.com uses Internet standard encryption technology to scramble your sensitive data when you transmit it to us. This process is known as SSL (secure sockets layer).
You can tell that the pages are secure because the address in the address bar changes from being http:// to https://. You will also see a padlock symbol or an unbroken key in the bottom bar of your browser.
Some computers may prevent this secure connection. In these cases we recommend you place your order by telephone on +44 (0)870 403 1400.
|Terms & Condition|
These terms and conditions help to keep the www.ukgear.com website a safe place to trade and set out the full extent of any agreement reached between you and UK Gear Ltd in connection with this site. You should understand that by placing an order, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- The owner of this web site is UK Gear Ltd whose address is UK Gear Ltd, 7 Clarendon Place, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 5QL, Great Britain. Registration number 2881371.
- Your contract for purchases made through this website is with UK Gear Ltd.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and UK Gear Ltd unless and until UK Gear Ltd accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time UK Gear Ltd sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by UK Gear Ltd of your offer to buy goods from UK Gear Ltd or a 3rd party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by UK Gear Ltd.
- This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
- The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended from time to time.
- You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
- UK Gear Ltd will not pass on your personal or credit or debit card details to any third party.
- You undertake that all details you provide to UK Gear Ltd for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform UK Gear Ltd as soon as possible.
- Your statutory rights are not affected (in particular see below as to your rights to withdraw from the contract) but otherwise all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
- We can accept cancellations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post or by telephoning +44 (0)870 403 1400 during normal office hours.
- You may also withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 7 working days from the day after you receive the product by:
1) sending the notice of cancellation by email to email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number;
2) where you have already received the goods, returning the goods to UK Gear Ltd unopened together with the original invoice within 7 working days from the date that you received the goods.
- UK Gear Ltd will then refund you the purchase price of the goods less an administration charge. Where appropriate UK Gear Ltd shall refund any additional customs duties borne by you on receipt of the relevant customs receipt.
- Once UK Gear Ltd receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to UK Gear Ltd from your credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by UK Gear Ltd in the condition that they were in when delivered to you.
- This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, UK Gear Ltd do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from UK Gear Ltd’s negligence or wilful default, or that of UK Gear Ltd’s employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
- UK Gear Ltd does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- UK Gear Ltd will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UK GEAR LTD IS PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, UK GEAR LTD DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, UK Gear Ltd shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify UK Gear Ltd of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- UK Gear Ltd do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the UK Gear Ltd website or for any products or services purchased from the UK Gear Ltd.
- UK Gear Ltd will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
Processing of orders
- Credit and Debit cards are debited before items are shipped by UK Gear Ltd. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated.
- UK Gear Ltd aim to arrange shipment of all in stock items within 24 hours of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate.
- The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confimation.
- Title to any product ordered will pass to you once UK Gear Ltd has received payment in full for that product.
- If your delivery address is outside of the UK you maybe subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; UK Gear Ltd advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
- Please note that when shipping products internationally you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. UK Gear Ltd tracks the electronic 'fingerprints' of every order placed on UK Gear Ltd to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
- UK Gear Ltd may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the website. When UK Gear Ltd do so, UK Gear Ltd will mention the fact on our home page (www.ukgear.com). All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms.
- These terms and conditions shall apply when UK Gear Ltd accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. They shall supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between UK Gear Ltd and you relating to your purchase. UK Gear Ltd advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by UK Gear Ltd.
- You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this website fully.
- If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the UK.
UK Gear is committed to respecting the privacy of visitors to our website. The following policy describes how we collect, protect and use information we receive from website visitors.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or promotion, respond to an e-mail, or participate in another site feature. When registering or ordering, we may ask you for your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, home address, postcode, telephone number, preferred language, credit card information (when ordering products only) as well as to create a user name and password. You may, however, visit our site anonymously or purchase without registering. You will then be asked only for the information necessary to process the transaction. Information provided by anonymous shoppers will be retained only as necessary to process the transaction and maintain our sales records and will not be used for marketing purposes.
If you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may again ask for your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, username and password so that we are able to better administer the contest and notify winners.
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, enter a contest or promotion, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your site experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better serve you when responding to your customer service requests.
- To learn about site visitors and customers and to tailor specific features, promotions, or other notifications to you.
- To process your transactions more quickly and to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send postal mailings about products, offers, and news that we think might be of interest. If you are not interested in receiving this information please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below.
If you have opted-in to receive e-mails from UK Gear, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive e-mail, please follow the instructions in any e-mail or refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us and if these visitors would no longer be interested in receiving this information, they can follow the instructions in any email or refer to the section on the opt-out, removal or modification of information provided.
Our protection of visitor information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Our use of "Cookies"
A cookie is a small string of information that the website that you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. For example, Cookies can also be used to remember your user name and password.
You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options you must adjust your browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox) settings. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware though, that when you have set your computer to reject cookies, it can limit the functionality of the website you’re visiting and it’s possible that you lose access to some of the features on the website. For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org
Our disclosure of the information we collect to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties, your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. Your data may be transferred to web site hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, that we don't consider to be 'outside parties', conducting UK Gear business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information if required to do so to comply with the law.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information in aggregate form may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscription, opt-out of receiving UK Gear email, or to delete all of your online account information from our database, please contact us directly by telephone or email and we will ensure this is done. Note that if you request your account information to be deleted from our database, we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping. This information does not contain credit card details.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please give us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online policy only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.